Random thoughts from a unique character of arcane proportions

Monday, December 06, 2004

Surviving Christmas Shopping

Hey everyone,

First off, let me thank all those that welcomed me to the this big pool of personal manifestos and pictures of very remote relevance & importance, well unless that's your thing. Anyway, I digress, thanks for the support.

Now, as for surviving Christmas, I don't have too many recommendations as my personality keeps me from having to deal with most of the trials and tribulations that abound during this time of year, but over the past week as I spent every waking hour (which was not at work or sleeping) at the local mart which replaced a "k" with a "wal", I learned some valuable lessons.

1) Everyone is the same, yet different. Therefore, you cannot say you have gone and not found what you are looking for, because you just haven't been to the right one, i.e. Strawberry Shortcake tops for toddlers. The more locations you attend, the more likely you will find what you're looking for.

2) "Movators" are great places to watch frenzies, be they piranas around fresh meat, or parents who have just been told on the overhead speaker system that the toy that the soon to be beleagered teenaged employee is taking out of the box is now only $10.99. The odd thing is that when the toys were $10.99 on the shelf and no one came on the speaker, nobody was interested.
P.S. The toys by the movator are now long gone, but those on the shelf are still there, in abundance!

3) Bring comfortable shoes. You will be standing for an inordinate amount of time.

4) Dress accordingly & grab a cart. You will overheat and need some place to stash your heavy winter gear.

5) Early December is the only time to get this out of the way. I wouldn't want my face to be a casualty of a movator frenzie too close to holidays and thus many family pictures. "Oh no, my face, my face" (Moe, Simpson's episode when he's on the soap opera)

Well, those are my lessons, use them well young ones. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to an office curling match on Tuesday and we've got a ringer!! Although its from the wrong sport, CFL football...that's still a sport right?

Over & out...for now

The Cool AGE:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Office curling match. That is out of this world. Off course I am talking about the French world allthough I doubt that have curling office matches in Norway either. But it doesn't matter.

Let me take you back to the mens olympic finals in Salt Lake City 2002 it is the last end and with two Norwegian stones lying in the rings. Norwegian skipper Pal Trulsen has just made a good in-hand-curl to put one of the stones there. The score is 5-5. Sympathetic Canadian skipper Kevin Martin has the last stone. A draw to the four-foot ring for victory and the title. This is something he has done 1000 times before. The people in the crowd hold their breath...

As soon as it left his hand, he knew it was heavy and the Canadian team had to watch as their shot nudged the front Norwegian stone in the house and then drifted on, to eventually land just outside the other Norwegian stone by the narrowest of margins.

Afterwards, a dejected and tearful Canadian squad could only look on as Norway celebrated.

Kjetil (who somtimes remember to sign)

4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home