Random thoughts from a unique character of arcane proportions

Friday, March 16, 2007

A Question of old “AGE”

A couple of weeks ago, I got one of those “blast from the past” messages on my answering machine. Turns out my friend from high school and beyond came across a card I had given them some 12(?) years ago. It gave them the power to act rationally in moments of sheer irrationality as per their M.O. I’m keeping the identity secret for reasons explained blow.

This person recently turned 30 and it was quite traumatic for them at the time. Anyway, it has been quite some time since we’ve spoken, just diverging life paths, nothing else, just life.

As I reflected on the events of the meeting, I was glad that this relationship was opened again; good people should always stay connected to good people. There aren’t many of us around, so we need to be there to support each other.

On one of my previous blogs, which noted how turning 30 was great, even though I was in the midst of changing jobs…again…highlighting my lack of permanency at work, not married, not livin where I want to live (as per another previous blob – see “Dix sur Dix” to see why Paris is my real home, not just a vacation spot). So should I have taken it so lightly when I turned 30?

Well I have found the love of my life, a feat to which not many can say they have accomplished. That’s it, but it may be the most important. The other stuff you can always work towards, what I’ve got is yes or not. I’m glad to be on the yes side.

So, time to go, start working on getting to my real home, leave the savagery of this continent (see previous blog) and live where I want to live with the love of my life.

By the way, to the owner of the rationality card, I did have a great time, thanks for letting me back in to all the stories that I’ve missed over the past five years. Let’s do it again soon, next time, the family can come over, but this time, no pasta with salmon…wink wink;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home