Random thoughts from a unique character of arcane proportions

Monday, January 31, 2005

Great, he's getting philosophical again

10 years of elementary school
5 years of high school
5 years of undergrad
1 year of masters

In all I've spent 21 years of my life in school. Only to find out that I've got another 25 years (or probably more) left to work. But as what? Only 4 of these school years were devoted to studying public admin. So now I'm a policy analyst, well at least for 8 hours a day. Does that define who I am though, I'd like to think that I'm a lot more fun than a "Policy Analyst" sounds. I think I've even got the pictures to prove it (see link).

even before getting into the workforce, I always viewed school as just a way to get a job, a job that would pay for all the things I wanted to do outside of those 8 hours a day. The problem is, my job can't properly finance all those activities but if I did have one of those jobs that could finance them, I wouldn't be allotted the time for those activities. So here I am at an impasse, which isn't as easy to cross as a bridge in a Monty Python movie.

Ok, so I'm a lot more fun than a "Policy Analyst" I"ve decided, but I haven't decided what I am. As I approach 30 (well, 29 this year), aren't I a little late to be asking these questions, shouldn't I have gone through this in high school? Well I guess I was just too wrapped up in watching and discussing the minutiae of Star Wars. Time well spent I guess.

The Cool AGE:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are Age... but your age always changes, so you are therefore timeless. This constant changing makes you dynamic. A river is also dynamic due to it's flowing nature, so if you try to describe one particular spot in a flowing river, it is almost impossible, all you will come up with is a:it is wonderful in and of itself b: it is an obstacle in which on the other side I see a $20 bill.

10:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote that last comment (Simon)

10:19 PM

 
Blogger The Cool AGE said...

Thanks Simon,

You're pretty wonderful too

11:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home