Random thoughts from a unique character of arcane proportions

Friday, February 11, 2005

Bohemian Professore

So I get in to work on Tuesday to find an urgent message to contact a former professor of mine during my tenure at York University where I did my undergraduate degree. Turns out, he has taken very ill and would like me to lecture his class for the evening. Woa, so cool, never done this before. All he had to do was fax me the lecture slides and I could read them and expand on them how I liked. The course was Budget and the Federal Government, or something to that avail.

So I get to class, and everyone finds it odd that someone other than their usual is sitting at the front of the class. I explain the situation, my background and answer all their questions about government and getting jobs in the government. And then, on to the wonderful world of government budget systems!

Well, since I was just reading the slides, it was pretty easy to breeze through, and give some insight when necessary. Unfortunately, I was not able to come full circle on some ideas or relate many of the principles to everyone’s daily life (a great way to teach I think), although, I did get to quote the Simpson’s so that was awesome.

Then last night, Thursday, Mary & I headed off to see the Canadian Opera Company’s production of La Bohème. Fantastic. Great singers, awesome sets (very intricate), and just a good time overall. All except a grouping of 6 or 8 ladies who thought that everyone has seen this all before and thus talking during the show was accepted. Losers, I guess money can’t buy class. They all had this weird smell too. Their husbands were nowhere in sight, I guess they were with their mistresses. So the guys miss out on wonderful opera, have to pay for the wife’s ticket, and cheat on his wife too while paying for that too. No wonder men have traditionally made more money than women. Look at all the things they have to pay for. They need to earn enough keep 2 women. Man, that’s a complicated lifestyle. But now I’m just releasing my anger on some ladies who had no class, so I guess I should stop my nonsense, I had fun anyway.

The Cool AGE:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Act 2 was a masterpiece!

Mary....

4:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember Monsterpiece Theatre? Cookie Monster was the host!

1:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home