Random thoughts from a unique character of arcane proportions

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Cinnabons

4:30 am on Saturday morning and the building fire alarm starts going off. Under normal circumstances, this 15-minute break in my sleep wouldn’t have been so bad, it being the weekend I can wake up whenever. But naturally this time a wrench had to be thrown in the works; I had to wake up earlier than usual to go pick up the car I had reserved for Saturday’s outing.

So I get back to sleep, and at 9:15 am, I am awoken by a telemarketer asking if I would like to subscribe to a local paper. You wouldn’t think that a paper with the largest circulation in Canada, as well as Toronto, would be able to lay off calling people this early in the morning.

I get out of bed a ½ hour later as more sleep is not forthcoming, argh.

Go grab the car, pick up Mary & we head for the supermarket to get our fill of shopping since we have a car and can get the heavier and bulkier items that aren’t possible when using transit.

Then back home to put away the shopping and get ready for dinner at The Prince of Wales Inn at the Escabeche Restaurant, in the heart of Niagara on the Lake, a ½ hour from Niagara Falls. It’s a pretty little town with not much around, but what is there is very pretty. We got some fresh fudge there last year and it was soooo good.

The décor was incredible, we were seated next to the window looking out onto the street. Soon we were greeted by the Inn’s sommelier who would have been able to help us if need be to choose an appropriate wine for the evening. We went with a local Chardonnay. The bread boy brought the bread and even described the type of breads that were served. Mary & I chose our meals and continued our Valentine’s Day celebration that began with the opera on Thursday. I can’t remember the exact menu that we had, but it included scallops, goat cheesecake, rabbit & wild boar. Mmmm so good. We skipped dessert, assuming that the local coffee shop, Shaw Café, down the street would still be open. Sadly no, it was closed, so we headed for home in anticipation of what excitement Sunday would bring.

Turns out, Sunday brought Cinnabons and the sun. Those filling cinnamon rolls filled us up enough so we could go do some shopping as I was in desperate need of pants.

And here I am today, waiting for the workday to end so Mary & I can go to Il Posto to celebrate Valentine’s Day proper. We’ve never been there before, so hopefully it’s good. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

The Cool AGE:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, that's awesome

5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second, you spent your entire valentines day without pants?
Simone

2:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home