Random thoughts from a unique character of arcane proportions

Friday, May 06, 2005

Too Wang Foo: Thanks for the Memories ... Amelie

Hey everybody,

Well, this will be my last post for 2 weeks as I will be away with the love of my life on a vacation taking us through Paris & Rome. We’re so lucky that I have relatives in Rome who will put us up for almost a week, allowing us to spend some nights in Paris in a hotel. In the 4 days in Paris, we’ve got quite a schedule to keep, which means it might be tough to just sit in a café sipping coffee or drinking wine watching the world go by. I’ll see what we can do to make sure we do have some “Quality of Life Moments”.

We’re intending to see all the greats that Paris has to offer, Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Sacre Coeur, the Opera house; Musee D’Orsay, Louvre, Rodin; Chateau de Versailles, Eiffel Tower, a Seine river cruise, the churches Ste. Chapelle & Notre Dame on the island, and lastly les Invalides where Napoleon is entombed. Somewhere in there we’re definitely going to get to a café to sip the quality of life out of Paris.

In Rome my uncle & aunt have got us going to St. Peter’s Basilica, Pompei, and Capri in the first few days, after that hopefully la Piazza de Spagna and some other stuff.

I had really hoped that this trip would have afforded the flexibility to see Jacob, Sophie, Thomas and Alex in Nice; JohnnyK & Jemma in London; or Joakim in Sweden, but finances and timelines just didn’t afford it. Although next year with a World Cup in Berlin, who knows what the future holds!!

Ok, that’s it for me, I’ll be back in a few weeks with some pics and stories. Before we leave, I’ll be looking for a garden gnome to take over there to take pictures with of all the great places we see (Rent Amelie for explanation).

The Cool AGE

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you read your webpage when you are on holiday? Rome isn't far and neither was it built in a day, but I can get there in a day...

Maybe it was not to be this time either. I was pretty close when I was at Niagara. Sooner or later...

Kjetil

5:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Le tue vacanze sono state velocissime qui in Italia.
Meno male!!!!
Speriamo di vederci presto, un grosso saluto a quella brutta di Mary.

aspetto le tue foto pubblicate al piu presto.

Emanuele

4:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ciaooooooo!!!!
Vi siete divertiti????
Noi un sacchissimo!
aspetto le foto... solo quelle dell'Italia... le 50 versioni della tour Eiffel me le risparmio!
BACIIIIII
Chiara

5:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok - ti mandiamo le foto di eiffel particolare tutto cento a Emanuele.
Siamo divertiti tanto -
adesso siamo abituate a fare colazione alle quattro di mattina.

Mary

6:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you went to see Rodin in Paris, but skipped out on Gamaran! (You should have never bought me those Godzilla DVD's!) and why all the Italian posts all of a sudden? Oh, I get it... Italy trip... duh!

7:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home