Random thoughts from a unique character of arcane proportions

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Rome Dodgers

Could anyone reading this who has ever known me, imagine me with a gun or going through some sort of military training? I didn't think so. Well, once again as I prepare to head off to Rome, with my Canadian passport and citizenship in hand, I'm required to stop by the Italian Consulate to "ask permission" to stay on Italian soil without them detaining me for military training, yet again.

You see, when I was 18, I was drafted by the Italian Army. Nothing strange, every Italian boy when they turn 18 must go through training. Except that I was born here in Canada, granted from parents born in Italy, but doesn't that mean that I belong to the Canadian government and all the devices it can use to screw me? Well, apparently not, so can the goverment of Italy. Funny, because I have never received anything from the Italian government, except pain from the lack of a winning world cup squad, or Euro cup for that matter.

Well, just another one for the adventure album. I'll fill you in on the details of the adventure later.

The Cool AGE:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could picture it if you had a vodka cooler in the other hand - now that's good time fun!

3:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home